9-1-1 Dispatcher Harris County (TX) Emergency Corps
Harris County Emergency Corps (HCEC), located in North Houston, Texas has immediate openings for Dispatchers in our 911 Communications Center. All HCEC Dispatchers are responsible for receiving calls for EMS and Fire services and entering accurate and concise data into the Computer Aided Dispatch program, as well as alerting, notifying, and dispatching the proper Emergency Response Member and assisting the Emergency Responders as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
The principle duties for this position include:
- operating 911 communications equipment to monitor and determine the exact nature of each request for service,
- determining location of each incident as required,
- determining the nature of complaint/alarm and relaying calls to appropriate personnel,
- routing non-emergency calls to appropriate personnel and/or agency,
- routing all requests for EMS and/or Fire to the appropriate unit and providing the necessary information regarding the incident,
- tracking times and locations of all Emergency Responders within the assigned area,
- monitoring the status of all hospitals in the Greater Houston Area.
Experience and Education
All applicants must have good working knowledge of CAD, VESTA, and Mapstar, TELEX GPS Vehicle Tracker, should possess a High School diploma or GED, as well as a current CPR certification and EMD and EFD Certifications through the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch. Familiarity with telephones, computers, fax/copier, current Windows based systems, and monitoring multiple computer screens is also required. If you are interested, please visit our website and complete the employment application on the Careers tab found at www.hcec.com.