Browse Content by Topic:
GeoComm Offering Next Generation 9-1-1 GIS Data Webinar Series
GIS data development, accuracy, and maintenance is vital in an NG9-1-1 system. Recognizing that NG9-1-1 GIS readiness can be overwhelming, GeoComm has developed a series of webinars focused on how you will be interacting with the GIS data. Our webinar series includes:
Webinar #1: NG9-1-1 GIS Essentials for the Proactive GIS Professional
Thursday, July 14 or Thursday, October 13 at 1:00 p.m. Central Time
Join us for an NG9-1-1 GIS planning, implementation, and best practices discussion which will highlight the prevalent role GIS plays in NG9-1-1 systems.
Attend and learn about:
- GIS and public safety NG9-1-1 collaboration
- GIS data assessments and enhancements needed in NG9-1-1 systems
- Common approaches to on-going GIS quality and maintenance
- Best practices for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining GIS data in a NG9-1-1 system
Webinar #2: NG9-1-1 GIS Essentials for the Proactive 9-1-1 Professional
Thursday, August 18 or Thursday, November 3 at 1:00 p.m. Central Time
Join us for an actionable webinar focused on the steps that public safety and GIS agencies across the country are taking to prepare GIS data for its mission critical role.
- Public safety and GIS personnel collaboration during the NG9-1-1 transition
- Roles and responsibilities when assessing and improving the GIS data
- Common approaches of implementing a successful GIS data maintenance program
- Return on investment that public safety agencies are experiencing during the process of improving their GIS data for NG9-1-1
- Specific examples of successful planning and implementation that public safety personnel have experienced at a local, regional, and statewide level
Webinar #3: Today is the day…Is your GIS data ready for NG9-1-1?
Thursday, September 22 or Thursday, November 10 at 1:00 p.m. Central Time
You are invited to learn about the process of assessing, improving, and maintaining your GIS data for its mission critical role in NG9-1-1. Hear about specific examples where GIS map data improvement goals were achieved by GIS and public safety through following industry standards and best practices.
Join us and increase your knowledge regarding:
- Gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Steps to assess NG9-1-1 GIS readiness and develop a GIS data improvement plan
- Improving your GIS data and how the improvements will benefit current 9-1-1 operations and eventual NG9-1-1 systems
- Processes for managing ongoing GIS data updates at the local, regional, and statewide level
To sign up for the webinar or webinars that will be most beneficial to you visit: www.geo-comm.com/ng911giswebinar
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via GeoComm, 7/5/16)