Browse Content by Topic:
South Dakota Selects GeoComm to Provide Statewide NG9-1-1 GIS Managed Services
The State of South Dakota has selected GeoComm to provide statewide Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) GIS Managed Services. Under a multi-year contract GeoComm will provide 9-1-1 GIS managed services including data analysis, aggregation and transformation into a statewide dataset, QA/QC processing and performance monitoring, and ongoing provisioning to upcoming NG9-1-1 Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet) location based 9-1-1 call routing and location validation systems.
GeoComm’s GIS Managed Services will enable the state and the local 9-1-1 authorities to:
- Combine existing GIS data from individual counties into a new statewide NG9-1-1 GIS dataset
- Process on-going daily updates from locally authoritative sources into the statewide GIS dataset
- Provision critical GIS updates to core NG9-1-1 call routing and location validation systems
- Provide performance measurements and monitoring of the statewide 9-1-1 GIS dataset
“With this contract, the State of South Dakota has put into place a core component of Next Generation 9-1-1; a professionally managed and operated daily 9-1-1 GIS data update system that will serve the State for many years to come. GeoComm is honored to be selected by the State to provide these mission critical GIS services.” said John Brosowsky, GeoComm’s VP of Product Management & Innovation.
For more information about GeoComm, see: www.geo-comm.com
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via GeoComm, 11/18/14)