Browse Content by Topic:
Harris County, TX chooses MCM Technology to manage its public safety radio system
Harris County, Texas has chosen to move forward with MCM’s CommSHOP 360º solution to manage their entire 24 county radio network. Spanning more than 48,000 square miles and serving 1,242 customers, this is the largest customer of MCM’s to date. Harris County is MCM’s 6th implementation in the state of Texas, joining the City of Houston, Montgomery County, East Texas Medical Center, Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice, and Texas Dept. of Public Safety as current MCM customers.
CommSHOP 360º will:
- Efficiently track all public safety communications assets such as portable radios, mobile radios, mobile data terminals, laptops, tower site equipment and more.
- Properly maintain and repair all equipment as well as monitor the costs of such repair efforts.
- Export recurring subscriber billing as well as time and material billing to the county’s third party financial application for seamless data sharing between the radio shop and the finance department.
- Appropriately comply with any asset managing standards required by the rollout of FirstNet.
Harris County joins the ranks of other large North American MCM clients such as Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept., Chicago Fire Dept., Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, and Toronto, Canada.
For more information, see: www.mcmtechnology.com
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via MCM Technology, 10/21/14)