Browse Content by Topic:
Motorola Solutions Advances Smart Public Safety Innovation with PublicEngines Acquisition
Motorola Solutions has acquired PublicEngines, a privately held provider of cloud-based solutions that deliver crime analysis, predictive policing and citizen engagement capabilities for law enforcement agencies, governments and other organizations.
“The acquisition of PublicEngines reinforces Motorola Solutions’ commitment to helping our customers implement intelligence-led strategies that deter crime and improve outcomes,” said Bob Schassler, executive vice president, Solutions and Services, Motorola Solutions. “As agencies work with an increasing amount of data from videos, photos, social media, sensors and other sources, our Smart Public Safety Solutions help harness that data to gain key intelligence and integrate it seamlessly into their operations. This helps law enforcement anticipate and respond to incidents with the best information available.”
PublicEngines’ intelligence-led public safety and citizen engagement products include:
- CommandCentral Analytics, which provides public safety customers with the ability to make better decisions by visualizing data in analytical dashboards or on maps and sharing information between jurisdictions
- CommandCentral Predictive, with leading-edge predictive policing technology, which makes tactical recommendations about where to allocate resources, when to patrol and what to watch for to best prevent crime
- CrimeReports, the most popular online crime-mapping solution available, which makes it easy to share crime information and alerts with citizens through a customer-branded website or app
- TipSoft, the industry's most widely adopted tip management platform, which allows organizations to receive tips and respond to them while maintaining the source’s anonymity throughout the investigation
This acquisition advances Motorola Solutions’ strategy to revolutionize public safety's use of available data to gain actionable intelligence to support its mission. The combination of CommandCentral with Motorola Solutions’ situational awareness offerings will establish an unmatched platform for delivery of intelligence-led public safety capabilities. Additionally, the citizen engagement products bolster the company’s ability to help agencies openly and transparently interact with citizens to create safer and better-informed communities.
This is Motorola Solutions’ second acquisition this year of software-based Smart Public Safety Solutions providers. In February, the company acquired Emergency CallWorks, a provider of web-based Next-Generation 9-1-1 call-taking software for public safety.
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via Motorola solutions, 4/1/15)