Browse Content by Topic:
Mutualink Whitepaper Addresses FirstNet Collaboration Challenges
The goals of The First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) are challenging but achievable, according to a new whitepaper published byMutualink.
FirstNet was established to provide emergency responders with the first high-speed, nationwide network dedicated to public safety. Mutualink’s paper outlines the collaboration and interoperability challenges faced by states as they plan for FirstNet implementation, and presents specific, tactical solutions for overcoming them to achieve secure, real-time collaboration.
Addressing FirstNet Collaboration Challenges, authored by Joe Boucher, Mutualink CTO and Dr. Mike Wengrovitz, Vice President of Innovation, can be downloaded here: FirstNet Whitepaper.
Whitepaper Topics Include:
- Enabling collaboration with non-FirstNet users.
- Avoiding network congestion, particularly when using high-bandwidth applications like video sharing.
- Operating during system impairments such as such as large-scale natural disasters, network outages, power grid failures, loss of data center, etc.
- What is a Media Cohesion Framework (MCF), and how does it work?
- A case study illustrating how one state’s LTE deployment could be integrated with the technologies and solutions presented.
- “Mutualink’s solution, in conjunction with the FirstNet network, can solve many of the communication and collaboration issues faced by public safety and critical infrastructure agencies that FirstNet was created to solve,” the paper concludes.
See additional public safety relevant white papers in our special Whitepapers page here .
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via Mutualink, 8/12/14)