Browse Content by Topic:
LexisNexis Expands Electronic Vehicle Accident Reporting System Support in Illinois
New System Automates On-scene Crash Reporting and Distribution Process for the Woodstock Police Department
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions has implemented an electronic crash reporting system that will drive internal efficiencies and improve citizen services for the Woodstock Police Department in Illinois. The new system deployment enables the department to fully automate its accident reporting process from beginning to end, resulting in time and cost savings, significant reduction in risk of errors, more effective information sharing and delivery to citizens, as well as the ability to reallocate police resources to provide additional public safety activities.
“As one of only a few companies certified by the Illinois Department of Transportation to transfer and access data in state systems, LexisNexis is expanding its presence throughout the state of Illinois,” said Roy Marler, vice president, LexisNexis Risk Solutions. “We are pleased to be assisting the City of Woodstock police department in providing better service to their citizens.”
Leveraging the LexisNexis eCrash solution, officers are able to file electronic reports on-scene at an incident with the required data automatically uploaded to a central police database that maintains, stores and secures the information. Requests for copies of an accident report can now be done online instead of in-person, saving significant time for the department and citizens. eCrash was provided at no cost to the City of Woodstock police department.
LexisNexis eCrash provides the following benefits:
- Simplifies accident report data entry, storage, access and distribution
- Reduces manual handling, saves time, reduces costs associated with copying accident reports and improves administrative efficiency
- Improves service to the public by allowing involved parties to purchase reports online, 24/7
- Decreases walk-in and mail report requests
- Eliminates an agency’s need to input accident data
- Improves an agency’s investigative strength by providing easy access to their accident/crash reports and those of other participating agencies
“The integration of eCrash into our reporting system not only increases internal efficiencies and streamlines service to citizens, but it also helps meet our goals to be greener by moving to a paperless process,” said Sergeant Charles “Chip” Amati, Special Services Coordinator, Woodstock PD. “We have been up-and-running since the first of the year and are confident our citizens will enjoy the new capabilities.”
For additional information on eCrash, visit https://ecrash.lexisnexis.com/.
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via LexisNexis, 3/12/13)