Browse Content by Topic:
FBI Connects the Dots By Integrating FB's New eGuardian Technology With Memex Patriarch
The Memex Solutions Team at SAS has announced the integration of its Patriarch Intelligence Management Platform with the FBI's eGuardian system for automating the distribution of tips and leads, or Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), related to counterterrorism.
Memex Patriarch users can now submit SARs directly to eGuardian from the Patriarch platform without the need to re-enter information. This provides a more efficient process for the collection and evaluation of suspicious activities in support of homeland security.
"Law enforcement agencies are seeing increased efficiencies, the elimination of repetitive tasks, and the instant availability of tips and leads to a nationwide law enforcement audience through the eGuardian system," said Neil Schlisserman, Vice President of the Memex Solutions Team at SAS. "We welcome the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with the FBI in this important initiative."
Deployed over the last three years, FBI eGuardian is a nationwide SARs system focused on counterterrorism tips and leads. Fusion Centers, and state and local law enforcement forward SARs to the FBI, which evaluates them with the resources of the Department of Justice's Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) made up of FBI, as well as state and local investigators.
Among the key benefits of the Memex/eGuardian integration:
- Increased Productivity: By automating a SAR entry into the eGuardian system, analysts and other staff can focus on more strategic and value-added tasks, such as the evaluation process to ensure the credibility of the SAR as well as identify any immediate threats that are related to this information.
- Increased Processing Speed: Automatic extraction means a SAR is available within minutes of approval to enter into eGuardian, allowing better management of suspicious data at hand and capitalization on the FBI's JTTF relationships.
- Improved Data Quality: Extensive validation options help this solution to deliver clean data into the eGuardian system and avoid any human errors while inputting a manual data entry of a SAR into eGuardian.
- Enhanced Feedback: The Memex/eGuardian solution offers electronic feedback - such as an eGuardian unique identification, submission date and time - to the submitting agency right after a SAR gets entered into an eGuardian system. This allows law enforcement agencies to view SARs submitted to eGuardian within Memex Patriarch directly.
- Memex improves workflow and visibility into disparate data by providing a structured, single interface, which improves efficiencies and results from all available resources. The Memex platform simplifies analyst training, expediting discoveries and easily moving data into reports.
For more information, visit www.memex.com.
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via Memex, 1/6/12)