Browse Content by Topic:
Joint Zetron-GeoConex Effort Produces "Most Advanced and Complete NG9-1-1 Solution Available"
Zetron, a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions worldwide, has signed an agreement with GeoConex of Knoxville, Tennessee, that allows Zetron to label and distribute GeoConex’s newly created Next-Generation 9-1-1(NG9-1-1) CAD suite and distribute this version through Zetron resellers and direct sales channels.
The NG9-1-1 CAD suite includes an NG9-1-1 CAD, Mobile CAD, Next-Generation Map Viewer, and Standalone Automatic Location Identification (SALI). It is designed to integrate with Zetron’s award-winning MAX Call-Taking system, which is now shipping. Both MAX Call-Taking and the NG9-1-1 CAD suite are based on cutting-edge technology that allows information to flow between the call-taking and CAD systems.
Combining the NG9-1-1 CAD suite with MAX Call-Taking enhances 9-1-1 call-taking operations in important ways, including the following:
- Operators can link caller records and CAD records to a single incident. This allows operators to retrieve call-history records that also include data from CAD.
- Operators can answer or dial calls directly from the map.
- Operators can use a single sign-on to access both the CAD and call-taking systems.
- Multi-media information, such as video, photos, and text messages, can be sent directly from the call-taking position to CAD.
- The system’s support for a SIP softphone allows the mobile CAD unit to serve as an integrated console or data terminal.
“Combining GeoConex’s NG9-1-1 CAD suite with Zetron’s new MAX Call-Taking system creates an incredibly powerful tool,” said Zetron vice president of product management, Kathy Broadwell. ”It will improve operator efficiency, data reliability, and call-processing time, even as it reduces stress and operator errors.”
“We are excited about the solution that results from combining our CAD suite with Zetron’s MAX Call-Taking system,” said GeoConex president, Craig Dotson. “We believe these products represent the best in the industry. Their integration into a single, seamless system will provide the most advanced and complete NG9-1-1 solution available.”
- Corporate News /9-1-1magazine.com (via Zetron, 2/24/12)