Browse Content by Topic:
Smith Micro and Panasonic Partner to Improve Mobility Management for Enterprises, Public Sector, and M2M Environments
Smith Micro solutions to enhance connectivity, intelligent data traffic and over-the-air device management for Panasonic wireless devices
Smith Micro Software, Inc. has announced a partnership with Panasonic to address mobility management challenges for customers. Panasonic will team with Smith Micro to offer enhanced wireless security, connectivity, data traffic and device management solutions to a variety of enterprise, M2M and public sector markets.
Panasonic’s suite of wirelessly enabled professional technology– including mobile computers, digital signage and security and surveillance systems – are used in a variety of industries where consistent, reliable wireless network connections are critical to operations, such as public safety, utilities, healthcare, and transportation. Panasonic will utilize Smith Micro’s connectivity solutions to make wireless network connections secure, fast, dependable and efficient, helping customers reduce wireless data costs by enabling automatic connection to Wi-Fi access points where available. Smith Micro’s mobile policy platform is standards-based and extensible, allowing Panasonic solution architects to integrate hardware and software solutions with device and connectivity management features that meet the unique needs and compliance requirements of public and private sector industries.
Smith Micro provides QuickLink® connectivity and NetWise® policy-based control solutions for Windows, Android, and iOS mobile platforms, including laptops, tablets, smartphones and M2M devices. These solutions work together to provide the following benefits to customers:
- Minimize the complexity of on-boarding devices and connecting to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
- Contain telecom expenses by intelligently selecting lower cost “in policy” networks wherever available
- Gain insights on heterogeneous network connections to help diagnose problems and improve quality of service for end users
- Block usage of apps, device features and unauthorized network access points that create security risks
- Ensure connection, device and usage policies are enforced to meet organizational and governmental standards for control and compliance
For more information, visit smithmicro.com.
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via Smith Micro, 2/5/14)