Browse Content by Topic:
SunGard Public Sector and Socrata Announce Strategic Engagement
Socrata's Open Data Solutions Are Now Available to SunGard Public Sector's Customers in Local Governments and Public Safety Agencies
SunGard Public Sector, a leading provider of software and services solutions for local government and public safety agencies, today announced a strategic engagement with Socrata, a cloud software company focused on democratizing access to public sector data – both internally and externally – by and for organizations of all sizes around the world. Under the terms of the agreement, SunGard Public Sector will offer Socrata's innovative Open Data™ and Open Performance™ solutions, along with Socrata's suite of financial transparency apps, to its customers across North America.
The SunGard Public Sector / Socrata Open Data solution can help local governments and public safety agencies:
- Empower government employees, so they can easily publish data and create powerful information resources for either citizens or internal decision-makers
- Enable citizens and employees to review, compare, visualize and share their discoveries in real time
- Allow easy, reliable integration between SunGard Public Sector software and Socrata technology
- Encourage interaction with the intuitive Socrata experience, which helps ensure that anyone can easily discover, explore, visualize and share data
- Expose a wide variety of data through visualizations, including bar, pie and line charts, as well as maps for geocoded data.
To learn more about the partnership, visit www.sungardps.com/socrata for the latest news on client success stories, product updates, and more.
SunGard Public Sector and Socrata will kick off the new partnership for the public safety industry at the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) conference in Orlando, Florida, October 26-28, 2014. SunGard Public Sector will showcase Socrata's Open Data solutions at its booth (#2649) throughout the conference.
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via Sungard PS, 10/23/14)