Browse Content by Topic:
TeleCommunication Systems CEO Reappointed to Fourth Term on FCC's Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology, announced that the company's Chairman, CEO and President, Maurice B. Tosé, has been reappointed to serve on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC’s) Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Councilhttp://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/advisory/csric/ (CSRIC) until 2017. The CSRIC is responsible for providing recommendations to the FCC regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to ensure the security, reliability and interoperability of communication systems.
This is Mr. Tosé’s fourth consecutive term serving CSRIC, where he will continue to share his secure wireless communications expertise with a diverse group of representatives from public safety organizations, government agencies, cybersecurity solutions providers, and organizations representing communications services, Internet users, utility companies and other public interests.
He will assist CSRIC as it fulfills its charter by developing and recommending best practices and actions the FCC can take in key areas of their mission, including:
- Promoting reliable communications services, including 9-1-1, Enhanced 9-1-1 and Next Generation 9-1-1 service;
- Improving the security of networks and mobile devices;
- Making communications networks, including broadband networks and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems, more secure and resilient;
- Enhancing the ability of the public to receive timely and accurate emergency alerts and warnings; and
- Ensuring resiliency for national security and emergency preparedness communications.
"The FCC is steadfast in its commitment to ensuring that our nation’s communications networks are secure, reliable and resilient,” said Mr. Tosé. “I am honored to continue my service with CSRIC by providing direct support and technical content to their dedicated working groups on cybersecurity, location-based services, public safety technology and IP networking.”
- Corporate News/9-1-1magazine.com (via TCS, 6/16/15)