The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is currently recruiting for the position of Fire Dispatcher. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic professional to become a valued member of an innovative, progressive, internationally accredited fire district.
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is an independent Special District in Contra Costa County responsible for providing a high level of emergency and non-emergency services to the communities it serves. The District’s service area encompasses approximately 155 square miles, serving the communities of Alamo, Blackhawk, Danville, Diablo, San Ramon, the southern boundary of Morgan Territory, and the Tassajara Valley. The communities are primarily residential, commercial, office park, and controlled manufacturing protected by 10 stations and 160 employees and 30 volunteers.
• No experience necessary, although three years uninterrupted service as a public safety dispatcher pre¬ferred. Demonstrated background in the operation of modern Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems also preferred.
• Current CPR and EMD certifications (EMD Certification from the International Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch) preferred but not required at time of application; however both credentials will be required and maintained throughout employment.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency. College degree preferred.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license. Maintenance of a valid California driver’s license is re¬quired as a condition of employment.
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District provides an excellent benefits and retirement package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.