Browse Content by Topic:
FirstNet Summit at CCA Expo to Examine Role of Carriers in Providing Critical Services to First Responders
FirstNet Summit Set For April 17 in New Orleans
CCA's FirstNet Summit is set to take place at the Competitive Carriers Global Expo 2013, with leading industry experts discussing FirstNet, the nationwide public safety broadband project, and examining the role of carriers in providing critical services to first responders. CCA's Global Expo takes place April 17-19, 2013 at the New Orleans Marriott.
"Last year, Congress created FirstNet, the nationwide interoperable broadband network to help public safety officials including police, fire, and EMTs better coordinate their public safety efforts," said Steven K. Berry, president and CEO of CCA. "CCA is delighted to be hosting the FirstNet Summit where carriers will learn how they can get involved and provide critical services to the public safety community."
FirstNet Summit speakers will include:
- Sue Swenson, FirstNet board member, Telecommunications/Technology Executive
- Rear Admiral James A. Barnett, Jr. (Ret.), Co-Chair Telecom, Venable LLP
- Kenneth Budka, senior director of Advanced Mission-Critical Communications, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent
- Jeffrey Cohen, chief counsel for Law and Policy and director of Government Relations, APCO International
- Brett Kilbourne, deputy general counsel, Utilities Telecom Council
- Morgan O'Brien, Wireless Industry Executive
- Patrik Ringqvist, vice president, Wireless Networks, Ericsson
- Andy Seybold, CEO and principal consultant, Andrew Seybold, Inc.
The FirstNet Summit Sessions
FirstNet Opening Remarks by Sue Swenson, 9:45 - 10:30 am
Overview of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Project, 10:45 - 11:45 am
- This session will examine the origins of FirstNet and the overall goals of the project, while joining a panel of experts to provide an orientation into the current state of play.
Commercial Carriers' Role in Developing FirstNet, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- This session will examine opportunities and how carriers can provide services for critical services to first responders.
What can Commercial Carriers Offer FirstNet? 2:45 - 3:45 p.m.
- CCA members will showcase how their existing and planned operations and partnerships can benefit a successful deployment of the public safety broadband network.
For more information on the Competitive Carriers Global Expo 2013, see http://ccaevents.org/
Live broadcast of the FirstNet Summit provided by RCR Wireless. Register for the broadcast here. Cost per view is $25.
- People, Places & Things/9-1-1magazine.com (via FirstNet, 12/12/13)