Browse Content by Topic:
Next Generation 9-1-1 Institute Issues Call For Nominations for Board of Directors
The NG9-1-1 Institute is seeking nominations for five (5) seats to the NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors in the upcoming fall 2012 election. Members of the NG9-1-1 Institute who represent one of the five open positions and are dedicated to the advancement of emergency services and are able to strengthen, assist and expand the NG9-1-1 Institute are encouraged to nominate themselves. The NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors Election Committee will review all nominations.
The NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors is comprised of fifteen members. Four of these seats are permanent seats. They are held by an APCO, NENA, & NASNA appointed representative and the Executive Director of the NG9-1-1 Institute. The other eleven members are representatives from various constituencies each serving 2-year terms.
The positions up for reelection and the position descriptions for the fall 2012 Election are listed below.
Two (2) Positions from the Membership at Large:
- Any member of the NG 9-1-1 Institute.
One (1) IP-Enable Service Provider position:
- An entity that meets the definition of a provider of Interconnected VoIP Service as defined in Section 9.3 of the rules of the Federal Communications Commission (47 C.F.R. Section 9.3) or as defined by the Department of Justice (site reg.), including VoIP and cable providers.
- EXAMPLES: This includes VoIP Service Providers of over-the top services, cable operators/MSO and other IP telephony service providers.
One (1) Large Telecommunications Carrier/Company position:
- A Local Exchange Carrier (LEC): Competitive Exchange Carrier: or Interconnected VoIP provider that has more than 2% of the nation's access lines or a Commercial Mobile Radio Service provider that meets the definition of a Tier I or Tier II carrier in FCC Docket No. 94-102.
- EXAMPLES: This includes local and competitive exchange carriers that have more than 2% of the nation's access lines, as well as large companies providing wireless services.
One (1) Wireless Provider position:
- A Commercial Mobile Radio Service provider as defined in 47 CFR Section 20.3 of the rules of the Federal Communications Commission, a satellite provider, a telematics provider, a fixed wireless broadband provider or other wireless service providers.
- EXAMPLES: May include a CMRS provider of any size, as well as any other type of wireless service.
All nomination materials and the full description of the NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors, the positions and their descriptions can be found at the NG9-1-1 Institute website: www.ng911institute.org. The nomination period opened September 24 and close October 9th at midnight. Voting will occur October 15th through October 29th. To be eligible for a position on the NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors and to vote in the election, an individual must be a member of the NG9-1-1 Institute. It is free to become a member and membership can be accessed at the NG9-1-1 Institute website: www.ng911institute.org.
- People, Places & Things/9-1-1magazine.com (via NG911 Institute, 9/24/12)