Browse Content by Topic:
National 911 Program Presents Free “State Of 9-1-1” Webinar Event August 11
Discussions on the Intersection of Next Generation 911(NG911) and FirstNet and Update on Text-to-9-1-1 Implementation for the State of Indiana
State and local 9-1-1 professionals, Federal agency representatives and other 9-1-1 stakeholders will participate in a “State of 9-1-1” webinar and question and answer session, presented by the National 911 Program, Tuesday, August 11th from 12-1pm Eastern Time.
This webinar will feature a presentation by the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC), to discuss their recently-published paper: FirstNet and NG9-1-1: High-Level Overview of Systems and Functionality.
Mr. Barry H. Luke, Deputy Executive Director of NPTSC, will share:
- Similarities and differences between the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (FirstNet) and NG9-1-1
- Opportunities for interconnectivity between FirstNet and NG9-1-1 networks
Also presenting and available for questions is Mr. Barry Ritter, Executive Director of the Indiana Statewide 9-1-1 Board and Mr. Mark Grady, President of INdigital Telecom. Mr. Ritter and Mr. Grady will:
- Share updated experiences about Indiana’s implementation of Text-to-911
- Provide an overview of the State’s Emergency Service IP Network (ESInet) deployment and their transition to NG911
Register now for the webinar on Tuesday, August 11th from 12-1pm Eastern time.
- People, Places & Things/9-1-1magazine.com (National 911 Program, 7/16/15)