Browse Content by Topic:
National 911 Program Presents Free “State Of 9-1-1” Webinar Event February 10
Presentation includes FCC Location Accuracy & CSRIC Update Plus NG9-1-1 Transition Planning with North Carolina
State and local 9-1-1 professionals, Federal agency representatives and other 9-1-1 stakeholders will participate in a “State of 9-1-1” webinar and question and answer session, presented by the National 911 Program, Tuesday, February 10th from 12-1pm Eastern Time.
This webinar will feature a presentation by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including updates about current 9-1-1 issues and a presentation about the planning and implementation of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) components in a North Carolina public safety answering point (PSAP).
FCC’s Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau, will share:
- 9-1-1 activities within FCC, including 9-1-1 location accuracy activities and the latest from the Communications, Security, Reliability, and Interoperability Council (CSRIC)
- New information about the FCC’s recently implemented database tracking PSAP text-to-9-1-1 readiness
Also presenting and available for questions is Jason Barbour, 911 Director at Johnston County, NC. Barbour will:
- Share experiences about recent efforts toward text-to-9-1-1 deployment
- Provide an overview of the PSAP’s efforts to transition to an Internet Protocol Selective Router (IPSR), a cloud-based call handling solution, and its continuing migration to NG9-1-1 with geospatial-based i3 call routing implementation
Register now for the webinar on Tuesday, February 10th from 12-1pm Eastern Time.
About the State of 911 Forum
Designed to bring together information about Federal 9-1-1 activities as well as resources and NG9-1-1 “early adopter” case studies, the series provides a unique combination of useful tools, expert advice about Federal and State participation in the NG9-1-1 process and real stories about the NG9-1-1 transition process underway in regions around the country.
Webinars take place every other month and topics and presenters include: standards development, governance, legislative changes, updates on NG911 efforts from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC ) Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau (PSHSB), National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), and early adopter experiences from states, counties, and regions in the process of transitioning to NG9-1-1.
For more information about the webinar series, visit 911.gov.
- People, Places & Things/9-1-1magazine.com (via Natl 911 Program, 1/9/15)