Browse Content by Topic:
National 911 Program Presents Free "State Of 911" Webinar Event June 9
Presentation includes Rural Public Safety Financing Options Plus Data Gathering Efforts by the State of California
State and local 9-1-1 professionals, Federal agency representatives and other 9-1-1 stakeholders will participate in a “State of 9-1-1” webinar and question and answer session, presented by the National 911 Program, Tuesday, June 9thfrom 12-1pm Eastern Time.
This webinar will feature a presentation by the Rural Utilities Service, a part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), describing available loans and financing options that support to 9-1-1 and other public safety agencies in expanding or improving access to 9-1-1 and interoperable emergency communications.
Mr. Christopher McLean and Mr. Keith Adams from the USDA’s Rural Utilities Service will share:
- USDA’s interest and support to America’s rural communities
- Financing options available to rural 9-1-1 authorities through the Rural Utilities Service
Also presenting and available for questions is Ms. Karen Wong, Assistant Director for the Public Safety Communications Office and Mr. William Anderson, Branch Manager of the 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Branch within the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (CalOES). Mr. Anderson and his staff will:
- Share experiences about the state’s implementation of a dashboard to visualize 9-1-1 call data in real-time
- Provide an overview of the State’s plans to transition to NG9-1-1
Register now for the webinar on Tuesday, June 9th from 12-1pm Eastern time.
For more information about the webinar series, visit 911.gov.
- People, Places & Things/9-1-1magazine.com (National 911 Program, 5/20/15)