Public Safety Dispatcher The San Ramon Valley, CA
PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER (LATERAL)
SAN RAMON VALLEY 9-1-1
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS –
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District and the San Ramon Police Department jointly invite qualified applicants to submit an application for the position of Lateral Public Safety Dispatcher. We encourage highly qualified applicants to consider joining our newly formed 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center. Under direction and management of the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District, the 9-1-1 Center will provide the full array of public safety communications services for Police, Fire, and EMS.
- One year experience as a Public Safety Dispatcher. Experience dispatching for police/sheriff’s department highly desired.
- Requires a POST Basic Dispatch Certificate.
- An MPDS certificate from the International Academy of Emergency Dispatch preferred.
- Healthcare Provider CPR Certificate preferred.
- Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or high school proficiency certificate.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license. Must maintain a valid California Driver’s license throughout employment.
Starting salary is $7,602/month which includes a holiday differential as well as a 2.5% EMD differential and an FLSA differential. Top step salary is $9,314/month.
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District provides an excellent benefits and retirement package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY BY: September 30, 2016, 5:00 pm. For detailed instructions and information visit either www.CalOpps.org or the District website at www.firedepartment.org/employment. All candidates must apply online through CalOpps.org at www.CalOpps.org.