Browse Content by Topic:
Information Sharing: AlertID Launches Free Mobile App & Online Services
AlertID, which has enhances public safety and reduce crime, introduced its free mobile app and on-line services that redefine the way in which critical public safety information is communicated and shared among public safety officials and the citizens that they protect. AlertID is a free service for end users and public safety officials.
AlertID is the first system of its kind that provides two-way communications between local authorities and the public to exchange immediate information on threats to our safety and security. It has proven to significantly reduce crime and has earned the endorsements of national, state and local legislators, law enforcement officers and emergency responders.
“Our mission is to make the country’s public safety information universally accessible, and this release of these applications and services represent a major achievement in the Company’s efforts to help people across the country to protect their families and communities,” said Ken Wiles, AlertID’s Chief Executive Officer.
AlertID’s free new features and services include:
- My Family Wallet™ provides parents with a secure, convenient way to store current information and pictures on their smartphones that can then be sent directly to law enforcement in seconds if a family member goes missing anywhere.
- The Company has also enhanced its Community Social Networking Services, which help people to share information that is important to the safety of their families and communities.
- AlertID announced that it is dramatically enhancing the speed and accuracy of national Homeland Security Reporting with an on-device reporting application that allows the public to send photos of suspicious activity directly to law enforcement.
- AlertID now provides National Weather and Earthquake Alerts to users, which are critical to public safety.
- AlertID is also launching an on-line National Event Map, which displays the most recent alerts delivered by the AlertID system across the country.
“AlertID is a unique platform that is filling a void that exists between public safety and the community we serve. It has made a dramatic impact in helping to reduce crime and protect families by directly involving the community in policing efforts.” Chris Perry, Director for the Nevada Department of Public Safety.
For more information about AlertID, Inc. please visit www.AlertID.com
- Product Profiles /9-1-1magazine.com (via AlertID, 6/13/12)