Browse Content by Topic:
Arbor Solution Introduces Gladius 5, Rugged Android Tablet & Smartphone for Field Resources
Arbor Solution announces the introduction of the latest model in its line of Gladius rugged tablets: the Gladius 5 IoT (Internet of Things) tablet and smartphone. Designed for various applications such as public safety, field service, and transportation the 5.5" handheld device is powered by a quad-core CPU and uses the popular Android 4.2 operating system. Integrated into the unit are near field communications technology (NFC), dual GSM SIM card support, RFID, GPS and WLAN/WWAN/Bluetooth 4.0 wireless functions.
Along with its Android OS, the Gladius 5 features an easy-to-view 5.5" HD (1280 x 720) LCD with capacitive multi-touch panel and anti-reflection Corning® Gorilla® Glass. Additional features include:
- Dual GSM SIM card support
- 1GB of memory and 8GB of storage
- Unlimited storage expansion via microSD card
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable/field-replaceable battery with optimized battery life of up to eight hours of continuous use
- Qi wireless contactless recharging
- 1D or 1D/2D barcode scanner, NFC and RFID
- 2MP front camera (not available with 1D/2D BCR) and 8MP auto-focus with light rear camera
- Touch compatibility while wearing Latex and similar gloves
The unit also includes a G-sensor, three-axis digital gyroscope, E-compass, internal GPS, light sensor and a barometer. Compliance with MIL-STD-810G and IP65 standards for 5' drop resistance, shock and sealing to ensure durability and reliability.
For more information, visit www.arborsolution.com
- Product Profiles/9-1-1magazine.com (via Arbor Solution, 9/17/14)