Browse Content by Topic:
Everbridge Integrates Community Outreach and Emergency Management in New Community Engagement Solution
Social Media Integration, Keyword Opt-In and OneBridge Mobile App Enhances Engagement between Residents and Public Safety Teams
Everbridge, a leading global provider in unified critical communications, has announced its Community Engagement solution, aimed at helping local governments and law enforcement build strong, transparent relationships with the communities they serve. The new solution increases the reach of emergency management teams and expands community outreach to include keyword-based opt-ins; Facebook, Twitter and Google message distribution; and access to Nixle community resident opt-ins. Everbridge Community Engagement includes the free OneBridge Mobile App which allows residents to share information with neighbors and connect with their local public safety team.
The Everbridge Community Engagement solution integrates powerful technology from Nixle, an Everbridge solution and open communication platform that enables real-time, two-way communication through text, email, voice messages and social media.
“Trust and transparency begins with regular, open communication between officials and residents,” said Lt. Chris Bolton of the Oakland, CA police department. “Everbridge and Nixle continue to add a new dimension to the public safety conversation by enabling our community to be better connected and share and receive information in real-time, improving the way we work together to improve safety and engagement.”
The Community Engagement solution supports active and engaged communities with:
An Easy Opt-In System
Gathering and managing emergency management opt-ins from residents can be difficult. Connecting and engaging with as many citizens as possible, however, allows community reach to be quickly expanded.
- Everbridge makes several different methods of opt-in available, including anonymous texting of a zip code to 888777; website registration; and downloading of a mobile app.
Foster a Two-Way Dialogue with Social Media Integration
With the help of Community Engagement’s social media integration, neighbors can share valuable information, suggest ways to collectively address safety concerns, plan public events and more:
- Facebook: Integrate Community Engagement’s real-time communications to multiple Facebook accounts and fan pages; share and like content to Facebook and enable public comments for community feedback.
- Twitter: Local officials and public safety officers can share Everbridge communications to their community’s Twitter accounts and facilitate an active dialogue with residents.
- Google Public Alerts: Everbridge has partnered with Google to provide hyper-local to hyper-national resident reach and engagement during emergencies. Alerts are integrated into Google Search, Google Maps and Google Now. If residents search for a place where there is an active alert, or from an affected area – they’ll see a warning notification.
Empower Residents to be Eyes and Ears of the Community
Residents can be valuable resources for law enforcement. With Community Engagement, police and local authorities empower residents to invest in their community through outreach, collaboration and shared leadership.
When residents are effectively engaged and supportive, they can contribute a neutral, first-hand perspective of their community. This information helps local government and public safety maximize their effectiveness, ultimately driving community policing, public safety and agency transparency.
Another key feature of Community Engagement is “Tip Watch,” which helps residents solve crime and find missing people by anonymously submitting tips via text message. Everbridge’s OneBridge Mobile App is a free smartphone application that allows residents to receive real-time alerts and safety information from agencies. The app provides two-way engagement between residents, local public safety organizations and emergency management. It also encourages neighbors to share information with each other, enabling the community to work together to raise safety concerns, help find lost pets and organize other neighborhood activities.
For more information, visit everbridge.com
- Product Profiles/9-1-1magazine.com (via Everbridge, 7/28/15)