Browse Content by Topic:
Mutualink Offers Highly-Scalable Deployment Options for its Edge Communications Platform for Public Safety
Edge Users Benefit from Increased Flexibility in Accessing Multimedia Collaboration Network
Mutualink has announced a new deployment option for Mutualink Edge, a multimedia communications sharing platform for public safety and enterprise emergency preparedness launched in October 2013. The company’s goal is to offer a scalable interoperability solution for secure internal and external communications for daily and emergency use. This product enhancement offers the most flexible deployment option to date for Mutualink’s interoperable communications solution through its cloud-based deployment of Edge clients to Windows devices, as well as to iPhones and iPads. Edge as a Service (EaaS) will be available for Android devices in the third quarter of 2014.
Secure Multimedia Collaboration Hosted in the Cloud
Recognizing the evolving landscape of public safety technology, Mutualink offers Edge as a Service (EaaS) to cut the lead time for deployment by eliminating the need to install equipment on the agency’s premises.
Features and Benefits
- Mutualink connects disparate legacy communication devices (e.g. radio, video, telephone) with new devices (e.g. cell phones, tablets) for multimedia collaboration.
- Mutualink provides future-proof connectivity, creating a bridge between systems regardless of how they reach the Internet (e.g. public or private broadband, satellite).
- Administrative console gives each agency control over users, allowing managers to add or subtract users according to changing personnel assignments.
- Highly-intuitive interface enables rapid adoption by end users.
- End-to-end encryption using federally approved AES ciphers
For more information, see www.mutualink.net
- Product Profiles /9-1-1magazine.com (via Mutualink, 4/29/14)