Browse Content by Topic:
Panasonic Upgrades Fully-Rugged Toughbook 19 Convertible Tablet PC
Faster processor and expanded storage increase productivity for mobile workers in extreme environments
Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, has announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 19, its best-selling rugged convertible tablet PC. The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel® CoreTM i5-3320M vProTM processor (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life. With these and other upgrades, the reliable Toughbook 19 continues to be the ideal investment for a broad spectrum of demanding work environments, including in police and emergency services vehicles, the military’s front lines, and in the field for use by service workers and utility and maintenance technicians.
Panasonic Toughbook® 19: Key Improvements
- Upgraded processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3320M vProTM(up to 3.3GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500GB 7200rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10% longer, delivering10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink’s VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: Allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
For a full list of Toughbook 19 specifications, visit www.toughbook.com.
- Product Profiles /9-1-1magazine.com (via Panasonic, 9/4/12)