Browse Content by Topic:
Smith Micro Delivers Android & Windows 8.1 Connectivity and Security Solutions for Enterprise & Public Sector
Smith Micro Software, Inc. has released two new QuickLink® Mobility solutions targeted for enterprises and public safety agencies. The QuickLink Mobile VPN software for Android and QuickLink Unified Connection & Security Manager for Windows 8.1 will provide flexibility and control to expand mobile security and connectivity to a variety of mobile devices beyond legacy Windows-based platforms. In many industries where field equipment must be ruggedized, demand for smaller form factors is driving rapid replacement of larger laptops to ruggedized Windows 8.1 and Android tablets and smartphones. Smith Micro’s QuickLink Mobility solutions facilitate this evolution with proven, dependable security and control capabilities for these platforms built by Panasonic and other manufacturers.
“Like many industries, public safety and government agencies are no longer utilizing just traditional PC platforms. They are rapidly adopting newer, smaller devices to provide support for various needs such as license plate readers, dashboard cameras, CAD systems, etc.,” said Yankee Group Principal Analyst Ken Rehbehn. “With many of these new platforms built on Android, robust security and connectivity solutions that support operating system are needed now. Believing the public sector to be slow in adopting new technologies is a misconception, but they can be held back if the software needed for effective control and compliance is not readily available.”
Specific benefits of QuickLink Mobility for enterprises and public safety agencies include:
- Secure connection management that is carrier-agnostic, with the ability to hide unauthorized networks to prevent access to unsecured networks
- Advanced authentication for CJIS compliance
- Secure 256-bit AES encryption to ensure data security
- Single-sign-on (SSO) and Connect-before-login (CBL) features to simplify access and reduce the risk of password failures
- Fully configurable to provide enhanced command and control over mobile devices
For more information, visit smithmicro.com.
- Product Profiles /9-1-1magazine.com (via Smith Micro, 6/12/14)