Browse Content by Topic:
Westell Technologies Introduces a FirstNet Ready Repeater Solution
PS51080 is a Future-proofed, NFPA 72 Compliant Public Safety Signal Booster
Westell Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of in-building wireless, intelligent site management, cell site optimization, and outside plant solutions, today announces that it has released its latest in-building repeater solution. The PS51080 is designed to provide customers with the ability to install an in-building repeater that will meet both the existing public safety communication regulations and allow customers to prepare for future mandates and nationwide network deployments for emergency and disaster preparedness communications.
Westell engineered the PS51080 to satisfy the future efforts of the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), a government mandated agency established to implement the deployment and operation of a common nationwide public safety broadband network for local and federal first responders and other public safety personnel. The PS51080 repeater also meets the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) compliance, NFPA 72, with features including: antenna monitoring and alarming, 24-hour battery back-up capabilities, and a NEMA Type 4 red enclosure.
- PS51080 Public Safety Signal Booster Features:
- NFPA 72 compliant Class B amplifier
- UL Listed
- FirstNet Ready
- 700 and 800 MHz bands independently controlled
- Independent power and gain control per band
- Sharp SAW filtering reduces interference from competing signals
- Compact NEMA Type 4 red enclosure
For more information, please visit www.westell.com.
- Product Profiles/9-1-1magazine.com (via Westell Technologies, 2/22/16)